Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Physical Development


The Fetal Stage is around 8 weeks from conception until the baby is born. In this stage of life the baby begins to form its skeleton.The baby also begins to respond to sounds and vibrations. Even the mood of the mother can effect the baby. As soon as the baby is born the bonding between baby and mother is crucial. The child begins reaching milestones in language. Usually a baby begins babbling and attempting to talk around 6 months but their first understood words won't come until after their first birthday. The older they get the more independent the child will become. When the child hits puberty, usually in middle school, they become sexually mature and their reproductive organs have fully developed.This time in their life can be challenging and strange to them. They may feel awkward and if they don't have friends going through puberty at the same time the child may feel alone. This time in their life it is very important for parents to maintain a close relationship with their children and let them know that they are not alone in these changes in their body.



   When I was in middle school I had fully developed. But I had friends who had not and so I did feel isolated and unable to relate to them because they did not have the struggles I did. When I was in 9th grade one of my closest friends had never started her menstrual cycle. I could tell that she was embarrassed by this and I knew exactly how she felt because I had been in the same situation just the opposite way. 

Being a teacher it is important to be compassionate and understanding. It is impossible to always know what is going on in a students life. Whether it is trouble at home, school, or even they have not fully developed yet and they feel left out. Knowing all  these possible scenarios I as a future teacher need to be sensitive to certain things or behavior. By knowing how people develop physically it will also help me to know what stage my students are in so that I can better understand them.
("Baby." HealthyChildren.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment