Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Parenting

 
   Parents have the most influence on their children. That can be a good thing but it can also be a not so good thing. The way parents discipline their children has a huge impact on their development socially and emotionally. If parents are not involved in their child's life their children feel neglected and have a high tendency to get into to more trouble at school, get involved with drugs, or drop out of school. The warmth that parents bring into their relationship with their children can decide whether or not the child will be obedient(V.D."The Importance of Parent-child Relations in the General Development of Children." Everyday Life. Demand Media, n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2015). 
     The roles of each parent are very different in the roles they play in their child's development emotionally and socially. Mothers serve as the protector and teacher while fathers are counselors and life coaches(V.D. "The Importance of Parent-child Relations in the General Development of Children." Everyday Life. Demand Media, n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2015). Parents have a very important job of training up their children and teaching them. Even when children think their parents are just spending quality time with them they can actually be learning useful life skills.



There are four main parenting styles. As parents begin their journey raising children it is important that they are aware of what style they are using. If the wrong style is implemented it can have serious irreversible consequences that can be very harmful to the child. 

In my house there was one main parenting style which was Authoritarian. There have been very stressful situations in my house that have affected my life greatly. My parents yell a lot and after a while I just tune it out but it still affects me. I love my parents very much but I disagree with a lot of things they do. 

When I have children of my own I pray that I will be very patient and slow to get angry with them. I want to have a Authoritative parenting style. I also want this style to carry over into my classroom. I don't want my children or my students to feel like I am constantly annoyed or irritated with them. 
I want them to feel comfortable asking questions and talking to me kn wing that I will always listen. I enjoy children very much and I want the love I have for children to show in the way I parent and teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment